- 398th Mission: non-mission day
- Aircraft in photo: 42-97387 K8-H, MAUDE an MARIA
- Photo Date: 26 December 1944
- Photo Location: Nuthampstead
- Photo Reference No. A9252
- Information compiled by UK Friends of the 398th.
- If you would like to add information about this photograph, or can provide a better scan, please contact our Crew Photos Coordinator. Please mention the title and photograph date.
- McCormick's crew flew 5 missions on 42-97387 K8- H MAUDE an MARIA. On the 3rd February 1945, the crew’s 26th mission they collided in mid-air with 43-38697 N7-M, flown by Perry Powell. MAUDE an MARIA crashed at Lehmke, Germany.
- In a note from John McCormick he stated: "... from this crew McCormick & Bill Logan survived, only for Logan to be killed by a strafing US fighter during a POW march shortly after the collision.
- All the men indicated as "killed in action" lost their lives on the date of the collision, 3 February 1945. Sgt. Charles Fellows did not fly that day.